Do you have a product, service, or business of some sort you are promoting?If you said yes, then you, my friend, need an opt-in.
Are you pulling out your hair trying to get new people on your email list? If you said yes, then you, my friend, need a freebie
Do you want to provide additional value to supplement your products or services? If you said yes, then you, my friend, need a lead magnet.
Table of Contents
What is a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet (also known as a freebie, opt-in, and sometimes a funnel) is a nugget of information given out in exchange for something (usually an email), so you can contact that potential client in the future. When potential customers see your blog, website, or social post, that may be the first time they are aware they need something.
The need for something could be a physical product, a service you offer, or a chance to interact with your business in the future. However, if you don’t collect a way to contact this potential future client, they may never see your information again.
Top 5 Reasons you need to create a Lead Magnet Immediately
Not convinced that a Lead Magnet is something you need? Keep reading…
Audience Targeting – Attract Dream Clients
First up, you need customers who want whatever you are selling to them. It’s impossible to meet sales goals if you don’t have any customers. Lead magnets give you a list of potential future clients.
Build a Relationship
No one likes to get bombed with emails. You have to use your power for good—meaning building relationships with those on your list. Engage them in conversation, tell them about your life, ask for feedback on how to help them accomplish their tasks.
Another great way to build a lasting relationship is to provide immense value. If you have a checklist, template, or another lead magnet that others can use, you have now provided them with something extra.
Potential clients want to ensure you are looking out for them. Providing things they don’t know they need or that solve problems they are facing is valuable. Build those relationships by giving them what they want.
Lead Magnets Make Great Calls to Action
Telling your potential customers what to do & how to do it quickly and efficiently is key to them listening. Lead magnets are tremendous opportunities to wrap up your post and tell them what to do next.
- Sign up
- Click here
- Grab this
- Follow me
All great buzz phrases to get people to subscribe to your content via your lead magnet. The other part is that you can often reuse your lead magnets in a bunch of places. Examples would be a particular category of blog articles, a type of product, or a series of social media posts.
I love to have content I can re-purpose. Creating lead magnets is the first step of your sales funnel, and you can reuse it in lots of ways. You can recreate social media posts, Pinterest pins, and blog article closing from the same lead magnet. For example, maybe you have a Free Pinterest Set-Up Guide – every blog article you then write about Pinterest could have this lead magnet linked.
16 Additional Reasons
- Branding Consistency – Great ways to reinforce your branding.
- Get them on your email list – So you can contact them again!
- Remind them of who you are – No one wants to be forgotten, interact regularly so they remember why you are amazing.
- Lead clients to higher-paid services – Creating sales sequences off your lead magnets are a great way to create evergreen sales.
- SELL Something – HELLO. We are in business to sell our stuff. Lead Magnets are often the first sale – for that email address.
- Measure Performance through Analytics – Validate what your customers want based on top-performing opt-ins.
- Solve Problems – Customers have issues, we are in business to solve them.
- Build Testimonials – People love social proof. Free stuff is a great way to gather testimonials to show how much you can help.
- Get readers back on your blog/page/etc – People are way more likely to find our content if we have a way to wave it in front of them again.
- Extra things to Pin on Pinterest – Create those pins for your funnels!
- FREE stuff is irresistible – Umm need I say more? FREE
- Increase your Reach – Ask customers to share your free stuff with others that may enjoy it.
- Reduce dependency on Rented land – You don’t own those social platforms, reduce dependency on having them around in case they *poof* disappear on us.
- Another SEO Opportunity – Search Engine Optimization is a way to get get more eyes on your stuff. Optimize those sales pages and opt-ins to get organic google results.
- Promotion and Marketing – Marketing promotes sales, use these to get people interested in what you are selling.
- Social Sharing Opportunities – Need something to share in a pinch? Share that content!
Wrapping up Lead Magnets
Now that you know WHY you need an opt-in or lead magnet, you may be thinking how do I create one for my potential customers?
The answer to that question is the exact reason why I created the Funnels on Fire – results-oriented training designed to help you create & fully automate a lead magnet in less than a week.