Are you wondering how to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day but don’t have the time to plan a full-on Irish party extravaganza? Well, you’ve come to the right place for some simple yet meaningful ways to enjoy this special day!
One of my favorite ideas is exploring and sharing some of the many incredible Irish quotes out there – there are so many insightful words from famous figures past and present that just might inspire us on our own personal journeys. So if you’re interested in learning more about these amazing bits of wisdom, keep reading and get ready to add your own voice to a centuries-old tradition!
Table of Contents
- There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were.
- Irish not because I was born in Ireland, but because Ireland was born in me.
- May you always have walls for the winds, and a roof for the rain, laughter to cheer you, & those you love near you.
- Everything will be alright in the end. If it’s not alright, it’s not the end.
- May your heart be light and happy, may your smile be big and wide, and may your pockets always have a coin or two inside.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity.
- Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
- Luck is believing you are lucky.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- The only thing that over comes hard luck is hard work.
- I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
Shamrock Irish Quotes
- Shake your Shamrock
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
- Never iron your 4-leaf clover, because you don’t want to press your luck.
- May a lucky shamrock bring you cheer, and lots of luck far and near.
Other Ways to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
Whether you’re Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day is a great opportunity to join in the spirit of fun and creative celebration! There’s no need to stick with the same old celebration ideas for St. Patrick’s Day! Get creative and have some extra fun – I recommend trying out any of these awesome activities as a way to honor Irish culture.
Here are just a few of my favorite ideas.
- Try traditional Irish dishes like corned beef, cabbage, shepherd’s pie, and Irish soda bread.
- Have a family or friend gathering with delicious green food. Think spinach dip, deviled eggs topped with parsley, or a green salad.
- Wear your best green attire and go to a pub for traditional music and dancing. Make sure you try some of the local beer!
- Take a day trip to an Irish festival where you can learn more about the culture, enjoy traditional food and drinks, listen to live music, and participate in the entertainment.
- Make rainbow crafts such as leprechaun hats, four-leaf clover garlands, or shamrock necklaces. Have everyone join in on the fun for a truly festive atmosphere.
Wrapping Things Up
I love different quotes and helping people maintain a positive mindset. These Irish quotes are about shamrocks and luck and believing in yourself and I hope you enjoyed this small collection of Irish quotes. St. Patrick’s Day is a fun day to celebrate Irish culture, even if you’re not Irish yourself.
Do you have any favorite Irish quotes or traditions? Let me know in the comments below!