It’s time to get organized! Lucky for you, the office supply section at your nearest store is stocked with a plethora of useful items. Post-It Notes are one such product. Busy people can use these little pieces of paper in many ways to help you stay on top of your work and keep everything running smoothly.
10 Tips to Using Post It Notes
- To-Do List – Use post-it notes to organize your day by writing down what needs to be done. Using separate notes for each task will allow you to remove and toss them when you have completed an item.
- Agenda – Create a daily or weekly agenda that allows you to move and adjust items as your day gets busy or other priorities take over. This will give you the focus and versatility to move and react to things happening around you.
- Reminders – Use post-it notes for reminders, like “remember to call mom” or Place a note with the date and time of an appointment in a visible spot, like the front door or refrigerator. Keeping your reminders top of mind will help you stay accountable.
- Cord Organization – Keep all of your charger or other cords together with some large post-it notes.
- Use them as a bookmark – This will help you quickly find your place and pick up where you stopped previously. This isn’t just a useful tip for books. You can use Post-it sticky notes for things like business binders, budget pages, and/or planners.
- Meal Planning – Laying out a week’s worth of meals can be a crazy overwhelming task. Keep your mealtime family favorites on post-it notes and reuse them on paper to organize and reorganize meal times.
- Task Instructions – Write out instructions for how to complete specific tasks (e.g., “How to make eggs”)
- Labels and Organization – Take advantage of all the color options you have available. Having a variety would allow your o use different colors to organize, prioritize and keep track of many things.
- Inspiring Messages – Write messages on them for family and friends who are need a quick pick me up – “Good luck!” and “See you soon” can be written on one side and a cute drawing or another message on the other side. Sneak them into lunches, onto mirrors, or in the car for a fun sweet surprise.
- Goal Planning – Make a list of goals and stick it up somewhere where you will see them every day
Post-it Note Electronic Version
I know you’re busy. We all are. If you are on the go and really need a way to keep track of things virtually, then never fear. There’s one way to stay on top of everything, and that’s with the use of a task app, like Trello! With this electronic version of post-it notes, you can catalog your tasks in an easy-to-read format.
I found a way to make my life easier and more organized with the help of Trello. Trello is an online project management system that I use for work, school, and personal projects. It has helped me limit my use of post-it notes on my desk because now all I have to do is write everything down on a board that’s easy to view from anywhere in the world!
There are many different boards you can create depending on your needs. For example, there are boards for work tasks, blog posts, books to read, or movies to watch – it’s really up to you how you want it set up! You can also add comments and due dates, so everyone involved knows what they’re working on and when they need it.
Trello is a free but powerful tool. I want to make getting organized and tracking your goals easy. To do that, I created a FREE Trello Template just for you! Click that link and get started on your path to organizational bliss.
If you are interested in learning more about Trello check out my course Trello Organize your Life and Business. Additionally, if you are looking to organize your content then grab a copy of the latest content calendar (free Trello Template included) to help you organize your social media posts.
Post-it Note Conclusion
I hope you’re having a fabulous day and that this post is just what you need to stay on top of your ever-growing to-do list. Whether you’re using them for reminders, grocery lists, or anything else in between, Post It Notes and Trello are perfect ways to stay organized!
Do you homeschool or have kids running around the house? Check out 9 Creative Ways to use Sticky Notes in your Homeschool.