Pumpkin spice and all things nice (for fall that is) are back! That means it’s time to start putting together your October Content Calendar.
Are you a pumpkin spice fan? Or maybe you prefer Maple? Either way make sure you let some of your personality shine through when you plan out your content.
Content calendars are a great way to organize your ideas and plan out your social media posts. Having a plan sets you up for success and allows you to determine what you need to be marketing.
That process is super important as we head into the 4th quarter and the holiday shopping season. If you need some tips on how to plan out your holiday strategy, check out this article about Black Friday.
Table of Contents
Get YOUR October Content Calendar
Are you ready to dive in and get the best daily prompts possible?
Click here to get your amazingly easy-to-use calendar and wait no longer!
There are always multiple holidays to pick from. Below is a list of just a few you can use to incorporate in your October content calendar. Consider what will work with your branding/splash on the world.
- October 1st – National Homemade Cookies Day
- October 2nd – National Custodial Worker’s Recognition Day
- October 3rd – National Techies Day
- October 4th – National Taco Day
- October 6th – National Coaches Day
- October 7th – National Frappe Day
- October 10th – National Handbag Day
- October 10th – Columbus Day
- October 11th – National Coming Out Day
- October 12th – National Farmers Day
- October 15th – National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day
- October 16th – Global Cat Day
- October 20th – National Youth Confidence Day
- October 22nd – National Make a Dog’s Day
- October 24th – National Food Day
- October 26th – National Day of the Deployed
- October 29th – World Stroke Day
- October 31st – Halloween
Some additional considerations:
The first week in October is Get Organized Week and the second week is Fire Prevention Week. Additionally, you could incorporate one of the many monthly themes. Some to consider are: Breast Cancer Awareness, National Pizza Month, and Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
No matter what your products or services are you can use the themes to build up your October content calendar. Plan your marketing to align with your calendar and see your sales start to improve.
October Marketing Ideas for Social Media
What goes with a great social media calendar? Some fun marketing ideas. Fall is in the air, so when you are planning out your content think about products and services people will need as they head into the holidays.
Family meals, holiday gifts, and cold weather bring about reasons for planning guides, gift guides, and functional fashion. Think through these things as you plan out your content and offer those solutions. Sweaters, planning guides, and great gifts for those hard to purchase for family members.
Don’t forget to throw in tips that are useful this time of the year too. Consider some helpful things such as snow tips, how to heat your house, or maybe some fun fall leaf activities for the little ones. All of these tips could be used as part of your October content calendar.
Use the Newsletter planning guide to help you send out those marketing emails and strategically plan out your content.
Other Resources for Business
Now that you are all ready to change the world with your new October content calendar and Trello board, here are some other resources you may find useful.
- How Using Canva Font Effects Will Make You Feel Like a Graphic Designer
- 5 Extremely Successful Facebook Party Games to Encourage Engagement
- How to Create Pinterest Pins – 5 Tips to Get CLICKS!
- 5 Effective and Easy Ways to Use Trello for Business
- Build A Pinterest Marketing Strategy Anyone Would Be Proud Of
Need more tips to develop a strategy or to help you save time? Follow me on my Facebook Business Page.