If you are in business then you need a website that can show off your products or services. We are going to cover the 10 Benefits of Blogging for business and how you can make the most of your website.
Before we can get into the benefits though we really should talk about what is a blog and how is it different from a website.
What is a Blog?
A simple definition is a personal website that gives you a source for information.
Originally blogs were called weblogs and then shortened to just blogs. So really they are in some ways an online log book or some would say they are similar to online journals.
Types of Blogs
Okay, well that definition didn’t really address the point, now did it?
Truthfully blogs can be so many things it’s hard to put a solid definition of what they are and what they are not. There are many different types of Blogs… from very specific (about 1 brand, 1 item, 1 topic) to very general (Lifestyle).
Some blogs really focus all on one person’s life, beliefs, etc., and others are collections of articles from a larger community. Most blogs will still serve a purpose. Whether that purpose is to tell you about the blogger’s life or about a specific brand really depends on the overall type of blog they are writing.
So is a blog the same as a website? The answer here is maybe… Check out my friend Johanna’s article about the differences if you really want to dive in further.
The fundamental purpose of a blog is to provide the reader with different blog posts or articles.
Every blogger will have multiple things they want to talk about, and no matter what they center around, they help build that blog and the credibility of the blog. Blog posts can contain various things, from pictures to graphics to full-on text to videos. Etc.
Why do People Blog?
Well there is an interesting question. For me personally it’s an outlet of information I’ve gathered that people have asked me for or that I think they should know. But there are many reasons someone may choose to blog including:
- Making Money
- Finding people with their opinions
- To gain information
- To give information
I’d love to hear why you are blogging or considering blogging. Could you shoot me a line and let me know?
10 Benefits of Blogging for Business
We will cover 10 benefits of blogging for business, but know this is not an all-encompassing list. There are many reasons why people need to be blogging for business.
- Marketing – You have a place to direct people and can drive traffic to your business
- Re-purpose content – after you write an article, you can use it over and over again.
- Building Relationships – Your blog gives people a chance to get to know you.
- SEO can drive traffic for FREE – Take advantage of the power of ranking and get customers without any extra effort.
- Attract New Clients – Through the power of SEO and Social Media, you can drive traffic to your site.
- A Single Place to list all your products and Services – Listing out what you do or sell so your customers can find and purchase from you over and over again.
- Provide Value to your Client – By showcasing the uses of your products and services.
- Establish your Business and show your expertise. By writing and promoting your content, it gives you authority about your topics.
- Create Opportunities – You can network and share your site over and over to help create opportunities you may not have otherwise.
- It’s YOUR space – If you are using a self-hosted website, this becomes your space on the internet. Social Media sites can disappear, and we are at their mercy. Your site is your content that those social sites can’t make disappear.
As you can see, there are endless reasons why you need a blog for your business. If you don’t have one yet, we can help you build your website in just a few days by Building a Blog in a Weekend.
In this article we have learned:
- The definition of a blog
- Differences between blog and website
- What Blog Posts are
- Why people Blog
- 10 Benefits of Blogging for Business
If you have a blog and you are wondering what else you need to know, check out these articles:
If you are ready to dive in and start a blog of your own… check out Build a Blog in a Weekend – you can have your new blog up and running in as little as a couple of days.